I have just updated XAML Power Toys for Visual Studio 2010 to version 6.1 adding support for Silverlight 4.
New Features and Fixes
- Added support for Silverlight 4
- Corrected ViewModel creator spit
- If you remove the CommandParameter type in the Command Creation Window, the spit will no longer add the CommandParameter type to the RelayCommand or DelegateCommand, to the methods or lambda’s.
- If you specify a CommandParameter type in the Command Creation Window, the spit will add the CommandParameter type to the RelayCommand<T> or DelegateCommand<T>, to the methods and lambda’s.
- Fixed the property discovery of model objects to add all public properties of all base types.
If you are upgrading from the previous version, PLEASE visit the Set Controls Defaults page and update this page for Silverlight 4.
You’ll want to change your Silverlight alias’s to “sdk” instead of “data” or “controls” as this is what Visual Studio 2010 with Silverlight 4 now uses.
When you drag a Label, DataGrid or DatePicker control from the Toolbox to the Silverlight 4 design surface, Visual Studio 2010 now uses “sdk” for the xamlns alias, so by changing your default you’ll be in sync with Visual Studio. If you are a new user, “sdk” is defaulted for you.
You should also set the TargetNullValue option for both the Silverlight and WPF TextBox.
You should also set the Silverlight Textbox Validates On Data Errors, this is new to Silverlight 4.
You can get the new version on the XAML Power Toys Home Page.
I was unable to establish a CodePlex project tonight because the source code server was off-line.
For now, the only download available is from my SkyDrive. I’ll try and set XAML Power Toys for Visual Studio 2010 up on CodePlex this week.
Have a great day,
Just a grain of sand on the worlds beaches.