The links to the code presented at the Boise Code Camp is in the below Downloads section.
This links include Ocean 3 and a modified Prism 4 library that has two new features.
The Ocean 3 solution includes a Prism Ocean Demo application that shows off Ocean working with Prism. In a later release, I’ll add database demonstration code as well that uses the new and improved Service<T> and Repository<T>.
The demo application shows off:
- WPF Ribbon being populated by a Prism Region; when forms are navigated to, their respective ribbon tabs are automatically rendered.
- Automatic view/view model wiring up by the Unity container. No view or view model navigation registrations required.
- Automatic setting of the correct IRegionManager on all view models; this region adapter does not draw the IRegionManager out of the IoC container, instead it uses the one assigned to the view. This technique prevents the incorrect IRegionManager being assigned in cases of child windows or scoped regions.
- Demonstration of a child window hosting a form; that same form can be shown within the shell or child window requiring no form or view model modifications to function correctly; i.e. no “if in popup then do this code.”
- When views are navigated away from, the currently focused control is cached; when that same instance of that form is navigated back to, focus will automatically be set to the correct control.
- Queued dialog service for forms.
- The view modal dialogs are asynchronous, by not blocking the UI thread, a form that has a dialog displayed, can be navigated away from and navigated back to.
- When a view has a view modal dialog displayed, the views ribbon tabs are automatically disabled.
- Ocean FormControl that provides many services for LOB forms.
- Ocean FormNotificationControl that shows the form status from a validation perspective.
- Ocean provides a comprehensive validation stack.
- In addition, many small features are also shown.
I’ll release a new version of BBQShack soon, PrismBBQShack. This is a complete end-to-end store application that will show off all features of Ocean 3 (like the data stack) and will have a Win8, WinRT XAML touch-enabled point of sale application.
After downloading, you MUST read the READ ME NOW.txt file in the Acme.Example solution.
After downloading, you must rename the to downloads from .zip.doc to .zip. This is a requirement of Word Press.
To use the modified Prism 4 download, after unzipping, go to the \Prism\Prism4\ folder and run these two batch files:
- Run Update Prism Binaries.bat
They will rebuild the supplied modified Prism 4 and will register this version of Prism in the registry so that you can use the Add References dialog. This modified version of Prism will work with any current Prism application as no API’s were removed or changed, only added.